About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Getting my sleep on

A few weeks ago, I bought a preggie pillow from Baby city for R213 because my back and hips were aching. And I could just never get a decent night's sleep. You see, you're not supposed to sleep on your back and you certainly cannot sleep on your tummy. It's damn sore - I've tried! I used for a few weeks after but I've realised that it's been a while since I've used it.

It can only mean one thing. My waist has finally caught up to the dimensions of my hips! I'm officially and up and down figure - gone is the hourglass shape! But at least I'm sleeping better now because as much as that pillow helped, turning around was a bit of a bitch! And anyway, all you really need is a few extra fluffy pillows - one for your tummy and a couple more for your head. Especially, if you, like me, have only ever slept on one flat pillow most of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment