A friend asked me on facebook whether I was enjoying the pregnancy - and I had to think about it for a moment...
It is undoubtedly the most surreal thing I've ever experienced... I thought my wedding day was that moment but it has quickly been replaced by this experience.
So I drew up a list of pros and cons:
I'M NOT ENJOYING
* weighing the heaviest I've ever been in my entire life
* not fitting into my clothes
* waking up four/five times a night to pee
* not being able to sleep on my tummy
* feeling guilty when I eat sushi
* being stared at when I have a glass of wine dammit!
* having to see the doctor every month
* having to deal with an already exhausted medical aid
* the bad dreams
* always feeling tired and listless
* feeling nauseous and vomiting if I've eaten something even slightly off
* not having to pull my stomach in
* it when she kicks - I feel like she's reaching out and trying to talk to me
* not having to buy tampons although having my period now seems like a distant memory
* spending time on my own
* having clear skin
* having a legitimate excuse to leave a party if I'm bored
* meeting other new mothers
* being fussed over and being given special treatment
* discovering new products for baby and me
* buying clothes for her
* thinking about how we're going to decorate her nursery
* planning what she's going to wear
* looking forward to meeting her
* the way she's brought her daddy and I even closer together
The good outweighs the bad - I'm definitely enjoying it!