About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My baby bump

It's always a shock to see yourself in photos. You notice that your smile is lopsided, or your eyes are redder than you thought, your arms are flabby or you look way fatter than in real life...
Now I have come to accept that I'm larger than life pregnant, my nose has swollen to embarrassing proportions (you should see me first thing in the morning), my face is rounder, my cheek bones non-existent... the list is endless.

But that's okay. I am carrying a beautiful new life inside of me. Hein and I made it together. Yes I feel like I've been pregnant forever but time is little to sacrifice given what you get in return. So vanity aside I have posted a pic of myself not looking my best but as best as can be expected given that I'm due to pop in 3 weeks.
And my photographer Ursula has done a great job! I can't wait to see the rest and will post them as soon as I have them in hand...

5 comments:

  1. wow. i am speechless! ok, i lie, a few thoughts do come to mind: i LOVE the way you look like you're peeping out of some safe and precious place...not sure of what is creep-creeping beyond...mother is just as unsure as baby girl...LOVING IT!! so beautiful my more beautiful sister. can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zodwa, you looked gorgeous!!!! Thank you for such a fun time, you are an amazing lady :) Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, mommy! Baby has grown...three more weeks? Sheesh. Are you allowing clinic visitors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! When all the pics are in hand I'll post some more...

    Nope no clinic visitors except family - anyway, I doubt I'll be there long enough. I'll planning to stay there 24 hours max!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete