About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pumping that milk


It's been a while since my last post - not because I haven't had the time to post; but that I haven't had the inclination. I keep on thinking I have more important things to do like fill in Maya's baby book, finish putting together our wedding album, put the finishing touches to her room... and then I check in on my blog and think, I'll get back to it.

Well, today is a momentous occasion. It's the first time I'm expressing milk with my little manual Pigeon pump - managed to get it right first time and fill the bottle up to 4oz. Apparently that's quite good but I'm hoping with more practise I'll express more at a faster rate. So I've put it in the fridge and when Hein gets home, he'll get a chance to feed her for the first time. This is all so Hein can take over some of those early morning shifts - and also in preparation for when I go back to work next year and her nanny takes over.

Holding thumbs Maya is a Pigeon baby!

AND IT LOOKS LIKE SHE IS!


No comments:

Post a Comment