About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Maya's first weekend away




We went to Dullstroom this weekend. It is not as easy to prepare from a trip away from home now that we have Maya. Not only do we have to get ourselves packed but we have to pack for every eventuality for her. What a mission! Clothes, nappies, toiletries, prams, swings, toys... the car was full to the brim. I shudder to think what our luggage is going to look like when we go away over the festive season. Hein is seriously considering trading in the golf and getting the Subaru as we had planned to do earlier this year.

Anyway, wish it had been for longer but we had a great time with Ivan and Milly and Ann and Jeremy in Millstream!



No comments:

Post a Comment