About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Eco nappies work


Maya is finally fitting in those eco nappies that cost me a packet before she was born. They're coming in real handy now and cost effective so for any mums thinking of going the cloth nappy route, visit www.mothernatureproducts.co.za. I would recommend the part time pack because when you're travelling, you don't want to be lugging a bucket with dirty nappies around. I also did try them earlier on when Maya was about two months old but truthfully they were a bit bulky and those snug little onesies wouldn't button around them. And of course, it was still cold so she couldn't coast around topless like she's doing now.

P.S. I won't lie. I only use them when nanny is around. *winks and grins*

2 comments:

  1. OMG i wanted to invest in mother nature nappies when i was pregnant too. i remember it like it was yesterday i was 7 months pregnant and had a meeting with one of the representatives who came to my house. my mom was not convinced as she kept thinking of the nappies back in the day, the nappy rash, the rainy weather that caused the nappies not tp dry on time and blah blah blah. and my husband gheard how much they were and nearly had a heart attack. long story short my lil one is almost two in a month and i still think things would be so much more eco friendly and cost effective had we just given them a try *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can give them a try with your next one? But seriously - unless they are quite bulky and I only use them when we don't have company. They perfect in summer when Maya is in a shirt and not a onesie cos they make her look double the size... but economically, and environmentally they make a big difference. On the days they're being washed, we go through those disposables like water!

    ReplyDelete