About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Festive season

Going on a long road trip with multiple destinations with Maya was quite challenging. The easiest part was Maya. Her luggage was another story. In fact, it was the number one reason Hein had to trade in his car for a bigger model. Maya's luggage was more than twice ours combined. There's just no way you can leave anything behind - pram, travel cot, jumper, swing chair, bumbo, clothes for all weather, nappies, formula, bottles, steriliser... the works! My one regret: not taking the Shantala bath. Not all homes we discovered have basins big enough or shaped ergonomically enough to fit a four-month old comfortably.
The trip was filled with so many highlights, like introducing My sister Kholeka to Maya (now only Nomzi left to introduce), taking her to the beach for the first time, hearing her humming to herself trying to put her to sleep on the journey, watching our parents fall more and more in love with her...

What I really need to do this year though is step up my search for a second hand SLR camera. The moments pass so quickly and it makes me so sad to miss out or mess up moments when all I get is a blur of hands and face! Nxa!

No comments:

Post a Comment