About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Clever little girl

This is Maya's 1st picture book and she loves the thick pages and colourful pictures - and of course, the fact that she can hold the book and turn the pages herself.
I've started reading Cinderella to her at night after her bath. It's a book Sarah bought for her. I know she doesn't understand yet but her face just lights up when I make all the different voices and exaggerate the sounds and pronunciation of words.

Already she's starting her own little library. I want to fill her room with lots of great books like The BFG, The Folk of the Faraway Tree, The Twits, Alice in Wonderful, Oh the Places We Go... so many books that will make her fall in love with reading, just the way her parents fell in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment