About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Learning to crawl

Ms Maya does not like being on her stomach for too long. Hence the fact that she hasn't learnt to crawl yet. So every morning I put her on her tummy on the bed and wait until she starts to get too upset and then I turn her over. One morning she worked herself up into such a state she rolled over on her own. She was so proud of herself but has not done it since. Those screams are too much for me when I'm going to have to kiss her goodbye with soggy cheeks, pink flushed cheeks and wet eyes. It hurts too much.

So this morning, while making breakfast, I put her on the floor and placed an orange just beyond her reach - she LOVES bright colours! She tried to reach and push but just couldn't manage it. I'll keep on trying though.

She looks just like my sister Nomzi when she was little in this photo. Miss you Nomz!

No comments:

Post a Comment