About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Two little teeth



I hadn't realised until Nanny Noma pointed out one morning last week that Maya had two teeth. I was gutted! Why hadn't I seen them? And the thing is, she had been suffering from a mild case of diarrhoea and her cheeks were all flushed... still I didn't put two and two together.

My little sausage has not gone through that terrible teething phase like they warn you in all the books so I should count myself lucky. Shame, I can see her gums are itchy though and I've given her Purity teething biscuits which she loves but oh boy do they make a soggy mess; and of course teething toys. But her favourite is chewing on your finger! She succeeded in scraping my pinky finger nail quite considerably!

Today she's seven months! Hooray Maya! And I've also decided to stop breastfeeding her as of this morning. Sorry my darling. But you love the Nan and mommy needs to work getting her figure back. It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment