About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Soundtrack for my little girl

Baby girl can hear now. Though she hasn't started kicking (or least she has, I just haven't felt it), she can hear our voices and more importantly music! I've so been waiting for this part... to play for her all the beautiful music I've been exposed to and she's going to encounter.
So, it's a work in progress and I've created a playlist on iTunes for her... was listening to it this morning and have decided it's also going to be the soundtrack in hospital when I'm in labour. Oooh! My heart skips a beat and then beats faster at the thought of labour. 
Some of the music so far: Marvin Gaye, Jose Gonzalez, Embee, Keane, Regina Spektor, KT Tunstall, Wax Poetic ...there are so many to choose from!

The pic is copyright Nilsson. What a beautiful miracle! Though I think this little one is a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment