About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The nursery


Time's a ticking and we have just over a month before we move into our new home...
So I've been thinking nursery ideas and think the best way (and most affordable) forward is getting pine furniture, painting them in whites, off whites and creams and then employing my never-been-used-before decoupage skills.
I was inspired by Martha Stewart Living online and absolutely fell in love with the idea. So over the weekend I went to an art shop in Rosebank and bought some decoupage paper, Mod Podge (the glue) and a paint brush. So I'm on the hunt for stores with interesting pine furniture shapes. Love that chair! 

Zanele has already made me this beautiful painting to hang up on the wall. Baby's first artwork from her aunt! What a lucky girl!

So those are the colours for the nursery. What do you think? The birds are my favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment