About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fashion Week

It is with much dread that I'm heading out to Arise Africa Fashion Week this evening... especially after I had such a lovely night learning how to cook Greek food at Aspasia's house last night night. What fun us girls had - me, Aspasia, Zan, Karin, Samantha, Sharon and Mariette had a great time chopping and grating and watching as Aspasia showed us to make some unpronounceable but really 'scrumptious' Greek dishes involving cheese, Phyllo pastry, prawns, Greek yoghurt, honey, Pecan nuts, tomatoes... not all in the same dish of course.

So with nothing new and fresh to wear I'm just going in a black dress (always the safest) and leggings and heels, having a networking dinner with some highflyers invited by Absa Capital at Anica's Deli and then catching the Malcolm Kluk show. It will be my first fashion show this year having missed the summer collection earlier this year. Eish! We'll see how it goes. I keep on having this idea of dropping the organiser a mail and declaring that I'm either too sick or too busy to attend an sending my humblest apologies but know I'll regret not going... so go I must. I've heard it's inspiring!


No comments:

Post a Comment