About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Big weekend

There's lots to celebrate this weekend! Sunday, the 21st marks my 31st birthday, Father's Day and I'll officially be 8 months. In the past I would have planned a night of dinner followed by dancing the night before but now I'm more inclined to invite a few friends over for a Sunday roast. They say nesting tends to start big time round this time. But whether I'll be in the mood to do that, I can't really say.

My hubby is out of town and back on Sunday afternoon. He's off to Grahamstown for his aunt's funeral. Shame, so many of my mother-in-law's siblings have passed away recently. My heart goes out to her because I don't know what I'd do if I lost any of my sisters.

Anyway, our Sundays are usually sacred. Unless there's something else that Hein simply can't say no to - a big game, a family braai, a friend's birthday, a meeting... it's usually DVDs, a late Sunday lunch or take-away and nesting under the blankets on the couch. It has become my favourite day of the week - before it used to be my worst!

So we'll see how everything goes... maybe an intimate dinner out on Saturday evening with just the ladies? The guys are irritating me at the moment.

5 comments:

  1. hey, so how did your big weekend go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that big at all - small dinner out on Saturday and home on Sunday... just the way I wanted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quick advert, if I may, check out http://nest-hunt.blogspot.com.
    I'm sorry for using your platform,but you kept going to the old one...I need you to visit this new one for school :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't stop going to the old one too though. Ta.

    ReplyDelete