About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bed booked

My bed is finally booked at Genesis Clinic. Yes, after all the uhming and aahing, going on a tour of the facilities after my now bi-weekly midwife visits, we booked on the spot. The people are nice and it feels like you're in a very basic, airy B&B. And the rooms are big, fridge stocked with juice and water (MUST NOT FORGET CHAMPERS), hifi system for music, huge sunken bath. Mom gets a bag with the following:
* basic toiletries - shampoo, body wash and soap
* bath salts - probably not the scented kind!
* linen savers
* maternity pads
* 12 breast pads
* 3 stretch panties
* vaseline
* wet wipes
* wecesin powder
* baby wash
* bum cream
* cotton wool balls

All I need to bring is clothes
for me, clothes, three blankets and a towel for baby plus snacks, camera, liquid beverages, candles and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment