About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Friday, July 3, 2009

We're homeowners

We're officially homeowners! Yep, we got the keys to our place yesterday and wondered around the house, dreaming of all the possibilities and of course, seeing all the cracks for the first time.
My heart leapt into my throat a couple times talking about all the things we wanted to do to the place post haste and both agreed, painting main bedroom, nursery bathroom and kitchen is top priority - before baby comes; then putting up shelves in bathroom, tiling; and then fixing domestic quarters. And then we started talking about putting in a pool, braai area, gazebo, extra bathroom (which is a must as there's only one)...

For us, a happy home equals nice bathroom, main bedroom and kitchen. The rest of the stuff can wait. that's a pic of the main bedroom over there...

No comments:

Post a Comment