About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Watermelon-size baby

Well - at least it's not the South African size watermelon but it sure as hell is huge!

I just wanted to share with you what happened when we were channel surfing the day before yesterday and stumbled upon a programme called Birth Stories. At first I was intrigued and thought, this might be educational for us to watch and bookmarked it. When the channel flicked itself to the show, Hein and I started panicking. He said, 'Change it, change it! Do you want to watch it?' To which I quickly replied, 'Yes, I mean no. Change it.'
We both reached for the remote just as a woman on the screen who looked like she was about to pass out was leaning on her husband, in obviously intense pain panting and breathing like an animal.

We think we'll just wait to experience it ourselves. Why terrify ourselves now? It's not going to make us any less afraid nor the pain less intense. We'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment