About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's a girl!


Our new gynae Dr Blaauwhof, is great. Only snag is he doesn't seem to have hospital gowns. Please remind me to wear pants or jeans next time... and pretty underwear! yho!
Anyway, our little sausage is a girl! I'm so happy - I was quite worried about this boy thing - I don't really know boys. I grew up with girls. Hein is a little disappointed as are all men but I reminded him that boys love their mothers and girls their dads so he hasn't lost out on anything. He can still take her to rugby and soccer games and cycling and things. Somehow, I don't think she's going to be a princess this one.

We're going to have a doctor seuss theme I think - I've always loved dr seuss, since the days of the berenstein bears and like... Hein too. I just hadn't thought of it as a theme until yesterday when I was inspired by google!

And lastly, I REALLY didn't know Malia was Barack Obama's daughters name! Did you? While at an ELLE reunion last night, a few of my former colleagues slash friends reminded me of that. Darren and Zan say I must have read it somewhere and subconsciously filed it, but truthfully, I haven't any Obama literature - not even extended captions. I just study the photos looking for cues... what cues I don't know.
So anyway, the lovely Aspasia suggested Amalia (pronounced Ama-lia) and I instantly got goosies! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment