About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Eight months

I don't know why they say you're pregnant for nine months when it's actually 10. When I reached the eight-month mark yesterday, I really thought yesssss! I'm one month away from expelling this heavy load and then I remembered - no, it's actually two months more. Full term = 40 weeks = 10 months!

And all the symptoms of first trimester are slowly reappearing it seems. Headaches and frequent visits to the toilet. This is not pleasant, especially in the middle of the night, in the middle of winter. How I wish we had underfloor heating - and a bum warmer! But let me not complain too much. At least I haven't had to deal with pigmentation on my face, or thrush or piles or any of those other horror stories I've read about.

I have't decided if I'm going to have a 4D scan or not. I've spoken to a number of women who have either said it's disappointing or; the baby didn't want to turn around or; wow it was amazing! And the thing is, if things don't work out, you don't get your money back or get to reschedule so you can get some decent pictures. Plus all the foetal pics I've seen look the same.
If I told you that was our LG in the image attached, you would believe me right? And some of you might even say she looks like Hein right? Eish mara we'll see how things go... I don't want to have any regrets.




No comments:

Post a Comment