About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Best baby shower ever


I've been putting off posting because I wanted to chat about my baby shower and the sterling job my sister and Karin did. My rule is usually no picture no post but I couldn't wait any longer.

What a fabulous day it was, gorgeous cheeses, wine and breads, quiches... Then phase 2 was a viewing of some of my most loved cheesiest but classic songs and photos of my friends as little girls and a video message from my mom all played on a big screen in a private theatre - red seats and everything.
Phase 3 was coffee and desserts, and releasing of the these butter yellow balloons - each person had written a message to LG and the parents which were attached to the balloon. I went around reading out the messages and then the balloons were released... (that's the picture I will insert when I find the camera adaptor somewhere in the mess that is our home right now) Phase 4 was the opening of presents. Mom and LG got spoiled.

So I just wanted to thank everyone who made the day really special: Thonga, Sarah, Danica, Aspasia, Alexandra, Tsholo, Mariette, Kholeka and most especially my big sister Zan, Karin and Mrs Coetzee for the best baby shower ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment