About Me

My photo
Last year I turned the big 3.0 and got married - I thought that was my milestone year. As it turns out, 2009 quickly overshadowed 2008 when my husband and I found out we were pregnant. I'm going to be experiencing everything for the first time as a woman and an expectant mother which is why I'm calling this my year of firsts. I'm senior editor for Marie Claire South Africa.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Last sighting














We saw our LG again yesterday afternoon. It's been months since we saw her last and it was magical seeing her lips and nose (side profile) on the sonogram. Her hands were making fists, opening and closing every now and again. Hein was standing at the foot of the bed -- he could only look at me, and then at the screen and squeeze my foot with excitement. I just wanted to reach into the screen and pull her out! Our emergency doctor, Dr Mia, who will be on standby should anything go wrong with the delivery says he thinks it will be a routine birth and I should expect to go into labour around 38 weeks. That's in four week's time and the baby's room isn't even ready yet! Eeek!
That was the last time we're going to see her until she makes her big debut.

Today I received the Mother Nature nappies - they are absolutely gorgeous! quite pricey to order but will stand me us in good stead for the future - and we won't be contributing to those landfills!
The nappy covers come in boy and girl colours - I got pink, green, beige and white; and the actual nappies come in beige and white. If you had to feel how soft they are you would understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment